Getting your first Biblepay Coins
A small guide for beginners
The first step in everybodys journey into Biblepay starts with the download of the Wallet. The Version you need depends on your operating system:
- Windows: Go to the Biblepay Homepage and download the Client/Wallet
- Ubuntu Linux: Install the biblepay-qt package as explained in the Ubuntu Biblepay Wiki page
- Linux and MacOS: Compile the source code from github and compile it on your own. The "doc" Directory on github contains important information about the compiling process. This is only for advanced users!
Use a Faucet
You have a wallet, now you need to fill it with coins. The easiest and quickest way is to use a Faucet: A Website that gives you Coins for free. They won't give you much coins, but it is a good start.
Use one of these two for the start:
- http://biblepayfaucet.com/ An easy to use Faucet without registration
- https://pool.biblepay.org/ Official Pool with a Faucet in its Menu. Registration required
Another good way of getting coins is by earning them:
- Gospel Links Reading/Listening/Watching Gospel Links
- Orphan Letters Write Orphan Letters and get a reward. But they should be real, no fakes
Buy Biblepay Coins on an Exchange
The easiert way of getting Biblepay Coins in larger amounts is by buying them on one of the following Exchanges:
Mine your own Coins
With at least 1 BBP in you wallet, you can mine your own Biblepay Coins. Just follow read and follow our easy Mining How-To:Read the Mining How-To
Get coins for helping the Community
Biblepay is a Community project, everything done for Biblepay is done by volunteers. These volunteers can proposals to get Biblepay Coins for there work. Proposals will be accepted and paid out if enough owners of Santuaries (Masternodes) accept them.
- Current Proposals List of all current and old proposals
- Main Pool Join the main pool to create your own proposal. You only need an account there, no mining is required
- Guide: Submit a Proposal Read the guide how to create a proposal